HP launches its best all-round home printer
- The new ENVY Inspire is the best, most versatile home printer HP has ever made
- Activated with HP +, the smartest printing system1, offers 6 months of Instant Ink and an additional 1 year warranty2
- First-time HP photo printing capabilities with custom two-sided printing and templates that turn photos into gifts, cards, keepsakes, and more3
- Built with sustainability in mind; Made from over 45% recycled plastic
PALO ALTO, Calif., October 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – HP Inc. (NYSE: HPQ) today announced the HP ENVY Inspire with HP +. Almost 86 percent of families use their printer to cope with everyday life4th – ENVY Inspire is designed to meet your evolving needs while working, studying and creating new memories from home.
“ENVY Inspire was developed based on firsthand knowledge of what is needed in our new normal as the team that developed it did it while working remotely during the pandemic,” said Xavier Garcia, Global Head, Print Hardware Systems, HP Inc. “It brings together our best products, photo inks and services – combined with the smartest printing system, HP +, our industry-leading HP Smart App5, innovative instant ink delivery – offers families our most versatile home printing system to date. “
Beyond working and studying, ENVY Inspire can also help families remember and celebrate the most important moments with new, unique HP photo printing features like custom two-sided printing with auto-adding of the date and location.3, and phone quality6th in modern sizes7th, like panorama and socially friendly place. Users can also choose from a variety of templates in the HP Smart app to create greeting cards, keepsakes, and more8th. Perfect for 72% of families planning to spend more on travel in 2022 than the past five years to make up for lost time9.
Other key features of HP ENVY Inspire include:
- Enabled with HP + to deliver the smartest printing system10
- SMART PRINTER – print from anywhere: The HP Smart app allows anyone to securely access the printer, send and save files, and print from home or virtually anywhere with any device they prefer8.11.
- SMART INK – Never run out of ink: Families can save up to 50 percent on ink12.13. When individuals choose HP +, they receive 6 months of Instant Ink and an additional 1 year HP warranty using original HP Ink.
- SMART APP – Enjoy additional functions: HP + gets the most out of the HP Smart app. From homework to homework, the HP Smart app helps pre-scan books and multiple receipts and store editable, searchable files8th.
- SMART FOR THE PLANET – printing with a purpose: For every page printed with HP +, HP protects or restores forests equally14th.
- New hybrid life-friendly functions
- Designed with “quiet fashion” for those who work, learn and create from home.
- First HP printer to be certified as Works With Chromebook, helping families print the things they need for school, work, and everything in betweenfifteen.
- Includes the new Smart Driver, which automatically redirects print jobs, regardless of whether you are connected to a WiFi network or a VPN.
- Modern design for every family home
- Thoughtful and sustainable design that fits into family homes with neutral color options and is made from over 45% recycled plastic.
HP ENVY Inspire will hit the US market for the first time with the 7900e series. Further models and markets are to follow in 2022. For pricing and more information, visit hp.com/envyprinters.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. develops technologies that improve the lives of all people everywhere. We create amazing experiences through our product and service portfolio of personal systems, printers and 3D printing solutions. More information about HP Inc. is available at http://www.hp.com.
© Copyright 2020 HP Development Company, LP The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying those products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as an additional guarantee. HP is not responsible for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
- Compared to most competing inkjet printers in this class, A4 cartridge-based networked inkjet MFPS are
- Instant Ink registration required. Instant Ink is not available in all countries. Depending on the monthly page limit of the selected plan. Instant Ink registration must be completed within 7 days of setting up the printer using the HP recommended setup process as detailed in the instructions that came with your printer. Unless the service is canceled online at www.hpinstantink.com within the promotional period, your credit / debit card will be charged a monthly service fee based on the selected plan plus taxes and overrun fees. At the end of each month during the promotion period, the customer will be billed for all excess fees and applicable taxes. The use of the in-box ink or toner cartridge is included in the offer period. One offer can be redeemed per printer. Offer for inclusive months with Instant Ink subject to changes after April 30, 2022. The offer cannot be redeemed for cash. Furnishing offer can be combined with other offers; For more information, see the other offer’s terms and conditions. Requires a valid credit / debit card, email address, and internet connection to the printer. See additional offer information available during the online registration process. Service details can be found at www.hpinstantink.com.
- Compared to current HP home consumer printers
- Source: ENVY Inspire Research Report 2021-03
- Compared to OEM printing apps for most best-selling networked inkjet / laser printers and all-in-ones for the home and office priced at ≤ $ 450. Market share according to IDC Quarterly Hardcopy Peripherals Tracker – Final Historical CYQ4 2020. Claim based on research into printer manufacturers’ printing apps and field tests and studies by Keypoint Intelligence on behalf of HP. For more information, please visit: keypointintelligence.com/HPSmartApp
- When printing from the HP Smart app from a mobile device that supports the P3 color space
- Requires printing from the HP Smart app from a mobile phone
- Requires the HP Smart app download. For details on local printing requirements, see www.hp.com/go/mobileprinting. Certain functions / software are only available in English and differ between desktop and mobile applications. Subscription may be required; Subscription may not be available in all countries. Please visit www.hpsmart.com for details. Internet access required and purchased separately. An HP account is required for full functionality. List of supported operating systems available in app stores. Fax functions are only for sending a fax. After 2 years there is a monthly fee to continue advanced features with HP Smart Advance. HP Smart Advance is not available in all countries. Please visit www.hpsmart.com for more information.
- Flywire Global Consumer Survey “In full swing: How consumer travel plans signal a tourism boom”
- Requires HP + activation at setup and Instant Ink registration. After 6 months, a monthly fee is automatically charged, unless canceled.
- Use of the technology in the HP + system and compared to HP standard consumer printers without HP +. HP + printers are ready when you need improved connectivity with Smart Driver and Print / Scan Doctor technology, more secure with Smart Security technology, more productive with HP Smart Advance features for 2 years and more sustainable with activation of Forest First printing and zero deforestation prints.
- Depending on plan usage, internet connection to eligible HP printers, valid credit / debit card, email address, and delivery service in your geographic area.
- Based on the monthly subscription cost of HP Instant Ink 700 page plans with no purchase of additional page sets compared to the cost per page to print ISO / IEC 24711 pages on most traditional A4 color inkjet cartridge printers and MFPs in this class with original standard capacity cartridges price for: Australia
- HP works with our partners such as WWF and the Arbor Day Foundation to manage, restore, and protect forests in many countries around the world. With HP +, every print – regardless of the brand of paper – is treated by HP’s Forest Positive Framework to counteract the risks of deforestation. HP branded paper is only sourced from certified, responsibly managed forests or from recycled materials. For other brands of paper, HP invests in forest restoration, protection or management projects in key regions sufficient to offset the paper used by HP + customers that may not come from responsible sources. Visit www.hp.com/forestfirst for more information.
- This product works with devices running the latest version of Chrome OS and has been certified to meet Google compatibility standards. Google is not responsible for the operation of this product or compliance with any security requirements. Chromebook and the Works With Chromebook logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Photos related to this announcement are available at: